- NGSA Council Meetings- Open to all NGSA members (November 12 & December 3)
- Bridging the Gap – (November 13; 3-5 pm)
- Cancer: The Word Everyone Knows (November 14th)
- Spa Offer – (Ends November 30th)
NGSA Council Meetings
We will be having NGSA Council Meetings on November 12 from 9h00-10h30 and December 3 from 9h00-10h30 (location in Wilson Hall TBA). Council meetings are open to all the Membership and student participation is encouraged. After all, your ideas and opinions guide our decisions! If you can’t make it, please be in touch with your class representatives about any concerns you’d like to bring to our discussion!
See you then!
Bridging the Gap- Movember! Trivia Night
The NGSA is happy to announce the first Bridging the Gap of the 2013/2014 academic year. This time will be a meet and greet and then Trivia with prizes! All QY’s, MSc1’s, MSc2’s, NP’s and PhD’s welcome. Refreshments will be served. The theme will be MOVEMBER!
When: November 13, 2013
Where: Thompson House, corner room
We look forward to meeting you guys!
Cancer: The Word Everyone Knows
This session, held in collaboration with the Department of Oncology at the McGill University School of Medicine consider cancer as a diagnosis that is often associated with fear, traumatic and difficult hospitalizations; worry about short and long term prognoses; and death. Personal perceptions of cancer are often unclear and generally individualized to a person’s previous experiences, attitudes and beliefs. For many, cancer is an unknown.
• Cancer at its Most Basic: The difference between cancer cells and normal cells
• Cancer and Staging: context and treatment
• Different Cancers: Not all Cancers are the same
• Cancer and Treatments: Changing treatment protocols: it’s all about you
• Cancer Education: What you know can help
Date: Thursday November 14, 2013
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Location: 688 Sherbrooke Street West
Cost: $39.00 (Come with a Friend discount: $29.00)
Spa Euforia is offering a holiday special exclusive to students of the Ingram School of Nursing!
gift certificates of a value of 250$ including:
- 30 min massage
- 30 min facial
- 30 min pedicure
- hair cut or shellac manicure
- half (1/2) leg or shoulder wax
- make-up session
McGill nursing price: 80$
discount code: Mcgill nursing
for gift certificates, contact:
Patricia alfaro: email@example.com (pick up at Mcgill School of Nursing: research unit rm 224)
Miriam Gaudelli: 514-759-1017 (pick up at spa euforia)
**offer valid until November 30 2013**